Saturday, January 10, 2004

 
I chased the 'frog', I mean followed for quite some distance, he kept quickening his pace and looking over is shoulder, and doing a rather strange beckoning with one finger, his middle finger. I knew that this must mean it was imprtant for me to keep up with him. He hopped quickly between people in the street and I was worried, my dampened wings might slow me down, and that I would get lost. People began to step to the side as I fluttered my wings faster.
Suddenly the frog stopped behind a crowd of people, they were all fiddling with some kind of tokens in their hands. I kept the frog in sight, staying close to him, something had agitated him and he was swearing a little, and causing people to turn round. I hoped that they were friendly, and even that they wouldn't notice me being so small, but they did appear to stare at me. They were standing round some sort of monument, a tall metal stick protruding from the floor, with a symbol on it, it must have been something very importnat the way everyone was gathered round. I think the tokens were some sort of offering to whatever the monument was for.
I soon found out, "about time" everyone said in unison, and from the right, a huge metalic creature, resembling the one on the monument came to a stop in front of us, opening a huge hole on the side of it. One by one the devotees who had been waiting, stepped inside, and appeared to give their offering to a human figure, who in return gave them some sort of coded piece of paper.

I floated by, only to feel my wings get pulled, and the human creature said sternly" oi luv, thats 76pence" I had no clue what this language meant, he continued" if you aren't going to pay, get off, I am late already" . The frog was already inside the creature, and was mumbling"thank fook for that", as I found myself back outside, by the monument alone, watching the strange creature, close its side, and move off.

to be continued

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?